Tuesday, October 9, 2012

101 Beauty Tips Every Girl Should Know: Tips 31->27

I hope all my fellow Canadians had a good Thanksgiving long weekend! I had an eventful one. Both good and bad. I don't want to get into it (I will in later posts and videos) but I will tell you about the good. I celebrated my 25th birthday with friends and it was so good reconnecting with my friends who I have not seen in awhile. Once you reach my age, it gets hard to visit your friends because they are literally all over the place. And since I don't drive yet, it makes it even more difficult to see them. Basically what I want tell you is, cherish what you have now with your friends because later on, things do get more difficult.

My family's Thanksgiving feast!
31) To contour cheeks, use a matter powder (a few shades darker than your skin tone) with an angled brush. Blend on temples and under cheek bone. 

I am obsessed with contouring my cheeks. Since my face is kind of wide, I like to sculpt my cheeks to make my face more slim. I am currently using the Coastal Scents 6 Colour Blush and Contour Palette to contour my face. You can also buy this palette on eBay. It's way cheaper.

30) When using a cream product, lock it in by using translucent powder over it.

For eye shadow creams, you will put eye shadow over it anyways so that is not a big issue. But with blush creams or foundations, always set it! You can use the same coloured powder or a translucent one. Not a big deal on which of the two colours you use.

29) Get quick volume by using a root lifter, then a hairspray to set hair. This will prevent it from falling flat during the day.

I never used a root lifter before since I just tease my hair if I need volume. The root lifter is probably less damaging than teasing the hair so I will have to give this tip a try.

28) For makeup that lasts all day and night, use a makeup-sealing product.

Popular makeup-sealing products are Model in a Bottle, Skindinavia sprays and the Urban Decay ones. Just an FYI, Skindinavia makes Urban Decays sprays. It's just a different label and name. All the contents are the same. It's a marketing strategy. Trust me, I took marketing in university. Basically all these products are like hairspray for your face. It keeps everything in place throughout the day and some of them even have special ingredients in it to help your skin type.




27) To help you find the right shade of foundation, choose a product you think is closest to your colour and try it on your jawline in natural light. You will be able to easily compare it to your neck's colour to see if you need to go for a different undertone, lighter or darker.

This is a great tip for those who do wear foundation. I personally myself don't wear foundation since I like to spend my money on good skincare so I don't have to wear foundation. I do wear concealer and a light face powder though.

No comments:

Post a Comment