Tuesday, October 23, 2012

101 Beauty Tips Every Girl Should Know: Tips 11 -> 7

I finally got a hard copy of Reflected In You by Sylvia Day and I cannot be anymore excited! I am already on Chapter 5! Ever since I read Bared To You, I could not wait until the next book!! It's basically Fifty Shades of Grey but way hotter and intense in both the plot and love scenes. If you have read the book, please don't spoil it for me! The last book (Entwined With You) to the Crossfire comes out in early 2013. I can't wait! Even though I haven't finished reading this one, I know it will be a cliffhanger ending!


11) Use a pumice stone on your feet after the shower to get rid of calluses on your feet. 

This is especially important in the summer months when us girls are rocking the sandals and flip flops. It's important to have good foot hygiene because your foot is out on display for people to see. This tip is also important for athletes because with all the running you do, you are bound to have some form of calluses on your feet and maybe even your hands.

10) Hydrate your under-eye area with an eye cream to prevent puffiness and bags.

I always use an eye cream. By now, you guys know what eye cream I am using. I use the Biotherm brand of eye creams in case you are wondering. I even got Shawn into doing it. It's so important because we want to look as young as possible. Even though we are both 25, we feel old so putting on the eye cream gives us a piece of mind.

9) If you have light hair, "put a lotion over the eyebrows and hair line" when self-tanning the face. Also remember to "apply it in circular motions and blend it down to the neck: - Sinead Norenius, founder of Beautisol

I don't self-tan but this tip is great for those who do! I am assuming this helps prevent your blonde hair from being tanned as well. That would be a weird look, to have a tanned face with your hairline and brows being tan as well. It would be like dipping your face in milk chocolate....


8) If  you often find yourself too tired to wash your face at night, keep makeup removing wipes in your night stand to prevent a runny mess or morning break out.

This is the one best tips of life! This is amazing especially on nights where you get home really late at night and just have no energy to do your full face routine! Use wipes that have a textured surface so it can grab more makeup off your face and eyes. I currently use the Pond's Wet Cleansing Towelettes.

TIP: Store them upside down in your night stand. That way the cleansing liquid will distribute through all the sheets and not settle only on the bottom ones.



7) Pop 1-2 Advil before going waxing to prevent pain.

The ibuprofen in Advil will numb your nerve endings a bit so the hair removal will be less painful. I personally don't go waxing. I shave any unwanted hair and get my brows threaded.

2 comments:

  1. How does the book compare to the 50 Shades series? I couldn't finish the series because it was too repetitive and poorly written.

    I like all the beauty tips, but I really have to disagree with this: "It's so important because we want to look as young as possible. Even though we are both 25, we feel old so putting on the eye cream gives us a piece of mind."

    I'm older than 25, still get carded sometimes, and have never spent money on anti-aging products. If anything, a cold tea bag works well for de-puffing eyes and saves a ton of money.

    Not looking for an argument, just my opinion.

    I love the tip about storing wipes upside down. I keep some wipes in my nightstand as well - so much easier!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is similar to Fifty Shades of Grey in the fact that there is a young rich man with a young girl. The plot is different.

      Before you judge the Fifty Shades of Grey series, keep in mind the author has never written a novel in her life. She wrote Fifty Shades of Grey as a fan-fiction of Twilight. She loved the physical chemistry between Edward and Bella, so she decided to write a story about it but took it to the next level. She started writing Fifty Shades of Grey on an online forum but the story was called Master of The Universe at the time. The character names were from the characters of Twilight. She noticed she was getting a lot more views so decided to change it into Fifty Shades of Grey and change the character names as well. She was just a huge Twilight fan and decided to write about it. I don’t believe she had any formal education in professional novel writing. It was just a story she came up with. The original story had a lot of grammatical errors since it was just for fun and it was casual online writing.

      Sylvia Day, the writer for Bared to You and Reflected in You, has a lot more experience in writing novels. She has tons of novels and has been in the industry for quite a while. Therefore her books are written a lot better. I don’t really care for the grammar in novels as long as I understand what the author is trying to convey to us.

      Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. However when it comes to ant-aging products, I believe in preventing wrinkles before they happen. It takes a lot more work to reverse a wrinkle therefore I believe in starting anti-aging skincare early. It’s better to be early than late. And that’s with all things in life.

      I am glad you enjoy the makeup wipes tips! Tell all your friends =)

      Delete