Tuesday, September 4, 2012

101 Beauty Tips Every Girl Should Know: Tips 76->72

I hope everyone had a relaxing long Labour Day weekend!! I for sure had a relaxing one. I went to the Burlington Ribfest and to a family birthday party. Nothing too crazy! I wanted to share with you my current nails right now that are inspired by Lady Gaga new debut perfume called FAME.


Now onto the beauty tips!!

76) Sunscreens that claim to provide "all-day protection" and "water resistance" are not reliable; don't be fooled by these claims and reapply all sunscreens at least every two to three hours.

I always reapply my body sunscreen every few hours. I mostly do this if I know I will be spending the entire day outside like if I were at the pool or the beach. As for my face, my moisturizer does have SPF in it but I do reapply face sunscreen throughout the day using my Peter Thomas Roth Instant Mineral Powder with SPF 45. I even sometimes put this on my body if I don't want to feel greasy with sunscreen lotion.


75) When self-tanning, use a tanner with a guide color. "It will give you instant color before the effect and it will show you exactly where you put the color and where you may have missed" - Sinead Norenius, Founder of Beautisol

I personally do not self tan but I can imagine that it would be easier to have a guide colour so you can see where you have applied the tanner. No one likes a streaky tan! I have seen it on girls before....not a good look.

74) "If you're afraid of red lipstick, I love putting it on and then blotting it off to wear it as more of a stain." - Pat McGrath, makeup artist

I definitely do this during the daytime when I don't want really red lips. I sometimes even just tap the lipstick on to my lips instead of swiping it across my lips like I normally would.

73) For the summer months, you don't want to be caked down in foundation so try a tinted moisturizer instead.

I normally don't wear foundation but when I do need extra coverage I do use a tinted moisturizer. My favourite one is the Stila Illuminating Tinted Moisturizer with SPF 15. I wear this in Shade 1. They currently have this product now with SPF 20. I also find that BB creams would also be another great alternative to regular foundation. It has many more benefits than a tinted moisturizer and will combat any oiliness that you might have throughout the day.


72) Use blotting papers to manage oil and shine in your T-Zone "which are also great for cleaning up around the eyes" - Rebecca Restrepo, makeup artist

I always carry blotting papers with my in my purse. I am currently using the Nurturing Force blotting papers that I got at IMATS. I love them because you can take as little or as much as you want, depending on the amount of oil you have on your face. I have them in Aromatic Rose. The blotting papers are coloured the same way as the packaging which is really cute in my opinion!

No comments:

Post a Comment