Thursday, August 30, 2012

101 Beauty Tips Every Girl Should Know: Tips 81->77

Can you all believe it is almost the end of August?! Time literally goes by so fast! It feels like just yesterday I started school at George Brown College. But now I am done and looking for a job! Time for me to grow up even though we all want to be kids forever! Now onto the beauty tips!

81) The #1 reason for flaky mascara is that the formula is too dry or old. Make sure to close mascara after use to help keep its moisture. 

This would explain a few of my flaky mascaras. I thought it was just the quality of the mascara but I guess not its because my mascara was too old. This happened to my Maybelline Define-a-Lash mascara.

80) To fake clear skin when you notice a pimple, "Apply tea tree oil as soon as you spot it." - Stephanie Flor, makeup artist

Usually when I notice a pimple, I apply my Clean and Clear Persagel 10 on it. I might have to try this tea tree oil. I know you can get this at The Body Shop!


79) During the summer, "Its easy to forget that feet can be sunburned. Be sure to apply sunscreen with a minimum SPF of 50 when barefoot" - Dr. Leslie Campbell, DPM

I always get a flip flop tan whenever I wear them out during the summer. I do apply sunscreen to my feet but I only do it on occasion. Tan lines on the feet are the worst because when you tr to wear another pair of sandals, the tan lines show like crazy! Just Google "Foot tan lines"....you will be disturbed.

78) For clear skin, look for a cleanser with salycilic acid.

Since I do have dry skin, I would normally not look for a cleanser with salycilic acid. This is best for people who have oily/combination skin or oil skin. The facial cleanser I am currently using is the Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleaner. I buy it from Costco so it comes in a huge club size bottle (20 fl. oz. or 1 L).


77) When choosing a red lipstick, you just want to remember to get one that looks good with your undertone. If you have a warm undertone, then go for warmer reds, and if you have a cool undertone, then go cooler.

I have yet to find the perfect red lipstick for myself. I tried a few from Make Up For Ever and have no luck. I thought they would have the best for me. I might have to stop at MAC Cosmetics and get an artist to find the perfect shade for me. I have a cool undertone for those wondering.

No comments:

Post a Comment