I hope everyone is enjoying my new blog series! Today I will continue with Tips #96 down to Tip #92. Don't forget, I will be posting 5 tips every Tuesday and Thursday until I reach Tip #1!!
96) To prevent hair colour from fading in the summer months, use a conditioning treatment weekly or bi-monthly.
I personally do not have coloured hair but I will definitely pass this information onto my mom and friends of mine who do colour their hair. If I were to colour my hair, what colour do you think I should choose? Let me know in the comments!
95) Breakout before a big event? "Take oral cortisone a few days before the event to clear your skin" - Ava Shamban, dermatologist and author of Heal Your Skin.
I always have this problem! Every time I have somewhere big to go to, the week of the event I tend to breakout. I have tried a cortisone cream for my eczema but never an oral cortisone. I will have to ask my doctor about getting some. These are not over the counter so you will have to ask your doctor for some.
94) "In order to keep eyeliner from running and smearing, opt for liner formulas that offer stayproof wearability." - Robin Schoen, Urban Decay Makeup Artist.
My favourite pencil eyeliner is by Make Up For Ever. It's called Aqua Eyes and you can find it at Sephora or any store that carries Make Up For Ever. I literally have this pencil eyeliner in a wide range of colours. I believe I have over 5 of them! As for liquid eyeliner, my favourite is the Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner. It does sometimes irritate my eyes a little but that's only if I start my line to close to my tear duct.
93) Always allow about two finger from your nose to where blush starts.
This is so important! If your blush is too close to your nose, it will look like you have been blowing your nose for hours. It will make your face look more flushed than it really is.
92) "Make sure you hydrate the skin and put on a primer" - Jessie Powers, makeup artist and national educator for Make Up For Ever
I always hydrate my skin before I put on any makeup. I moisturize with either my Vichy Normaderm Pro-Mat Ultra-Mattifying Hydrating Care with SPF 15 OR my Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion. I don't tend to use primer because my skin tends to be dry. But on days where I feel like I will be melting, I will put on my primer. My Vichy moisturizer also acts as a primer.
Don't forget to come back this Thursday for more tips!!
Taken from Beautyhigh.com