I have decided to start a new blog series which will help me keep my blog updated more often. It will be called "101 Beauty Tips Every Girl Should Know". I will post 5 tips every Tuesday and Thursday. I am hoping this series can help you girls in your everyday life! I can't take all the credit for these tips because I found them on Beauty High. I will be posting each tip and will be writing my response to each tip. I want to see whether I already do these tips or not. We shall have lots of fun with this!
Here are today's tips:
101) "Always keep your summer makeup minimal. Minimal and sheer makeup is the way to go when it's hot and muggy outside." - Mary Greenwell, celebrity makeup artist.
I definitely follow this tip. I tend to go for light pink and coral blushes during the summer and I always set my make-up with a translucent powder so it absorbs any excess oil that I might get throughout the day. At night however, I do add a bit more eye make-up to bring up the drama. I also love bright coloured lips. It's the easiest thing you can do to get a fast make-up look without trying to hard.
100) "The best thing to do when you go to a makeup counter is be armed with what it is you want to do." - Raychel Wade, founder of Cheek to Chic and La Prairie's colour ambassador
This is very important. It helps you from over spending and keeps you focused. I usually have a list or a specific item I am looking for when I go to a counter. I may look through other items but I usually just go for what I am looking for.
99) Use excess eye cream on cuticles.
I have never heard of this but it's a great tip. If you accidently got too much eye cream out of the bottle, why not out it on your cuticles? Who doesn't love soft cuticles?
98) For smudge-proof eye makeup, take blotting tissue to remove any oil or any excess makeup from the eye area.
I have always used an eyeshadow primer for this so I never had to use this. But if I ever run out of primer or if I happen to forget to pack it, blotting tissue I will use!
97) "A good perfume should consist of balance blend of notes arranged in a way that creates harmonious accord." - Alexis Bergman, P&G's Global Flavor and Fragrance Trends
I totally agree with this. My favourite perfume of all time is Victoria's Secret Bombshell. I am obsessed with this scent! Go smell it and you will know why!