Thursday, September 20, 2012

101 Beauty Tips Every Girl Should Know: Tips 51->47

AHHHH!! I can't believe tomorrow is my trip to Seattle!! It seems like yesterday I was just planning this trip! My flight leaves really early tomorrow morning so I need to get up at 3am (my flight leaves at 6:05am). Not looking forward to that but that is why I woke up early today in hopes I will get tired by tonight. I have so much today! I have to paint my nails, wash my hair, pack (this will take a few hours), upload a video, write a blog post (doing it now!) AND watch The X Factor and Glee!!! I hope by the end of this day, I will be passed out in my bed until 3am.

If you want to know what I will be doing in Seattle/Portland, read my blog post about my Fifty Shades of Grey Inspired Vacation.


Now time for some beauty tips!!

51) "I always think that less is more, there's a point where you look in the mirror and say 'Is this too much?' and if you even have that inclination then it usually is." Kim Catrall, Sex and the City

I usually have this problem when I apply my lip colour. I think my makeup looks good with the lip colour but as soon as I put it on, I wipe it off. Sometimes I think I should put on my lip colour first then do the rest of my makeup. Do any of you girls do this?

50) When applying bronzer, "first start by applying it around the perimeter of your face and follow with a light dusting on your forehead, nose and chin" - Mally Roncal, Mally Beauty

I think this tip is if you want a sunkissed bronzed look. I use bronzer to contour my face. However this tip can be used on those days in the summer where you have a really good tan going on. That hardly ever happens to me but one day, I will be tan enough to do this!

49) To get curls when you have straight hair, use the following, "a volumizer or volume thickening agent, a curl enhancing product, light holding finishing spray" Vicktor Stevenson, Hair Stylist

I use two of the products listed! The curl enhancing product I use is Tresemme Thermal Creations Curl Activator Spray (no longer available in Canada). The light holding finishing spray I use is Paul Mitchell ExpressStyle Hot Off The Press. This also acts as a heat protectant.



48) "Foundation should never be heavy" - Aura Schwartz, makeup artist

I totally agree with this. To prevent this from happening, apply your foundation with a damp sponge or a brush. Start off with a small amount. If you need more coverage, apply another thin layer.

47) "The right red [lipstick] will light up your hair, eyes and skin immediately, the wrong one will not." - Poppy Kind, Lipstick Queen

Like I have said before, I am still looking for the perfect red lipstick. I saw in ItsJudyTime videos, that she is wearing a certain red lipstick from L'Oreal and I want to buy it! Her teeth look so white in the video! It is L'Oreal Infallible Le Rouge in Refined Ruby.

No comments:

Post a Comment