Tuesday, September 11, 2012

101 Beauty Tips Every Girl Should Know: Tips 66->62

In a little over a week, I will be in Seattle!! I am so excited!! I made a list of things I need to get together to get ready for my trip. Tonight I am going to go out with Shawn to get some travel-sized bottles for some of my beauty products and some travel-sized shampoo and conditioner. I hear the weather is cool in Seattle right now so I need to make sure I pack some long sleeved clothing and maybe even a light coat. I really hope it doesn't rain while I am there. I will need to pack my umbrella then.

Now onto the beauty tips!!

66) "Too much bronzer is a nightmare for pale skin" - Jason Ascher, resident beauty expert for Barneys New York. Opt for an illuminating cream or light powder to get a glow.

I would say I have fair to medium skin. When I do use bronzer, I usually use it to contour my fair. I use to use it as an all over glow but then I realized it didn't work out well for my skin tone. So instead I use a beauty powder such as the ones from MAC.

65) Pick a sulfate-free shampoo, as sulfates can be harsh and drying on the hair cuticle. 

Ever since I discovered buying shampoo and conditioner at Winners, I have been using sulfate-free shampoo. It makes my hair feel more hydrated and not as dull as it was before. Drugstores now offer a variety of sulfate-free shampoos so you don't need to to go to the high end salons to find one.



64) If you have greasy hair, avoid directly conditioning roots and condition from your ear down to ends. 

When I am in the shower, I put my conditioner all over my hair. But once I am out of the shower, I put my my leave-in conditioner on the ends of my hair. I find that since I can rinse out the conditioner in the shower, I won't have a problem with getting greasy hair throughout the day.

63) "When you wear a red lip it's important that it stays exactly where you put it. Using a long wearing lip pencil to create the perfect shape and a lip color are key to having a perfect red lip." - Kristofer Buckle, celebrity makeup artist

I find this tip is true for any dark lip colour. With any of my dark lipstick colours, I make sure I have a lip pencil that matches it. Or I would have a nude lip liner that would go with any lip colour.


62) To make volume last all day, avoid running your fingers through hair. "Oil from your hands can weigh down your roots leaving your hair flat at the end of the day" - Tatum Neill, Arrojo Studio

I have a very bad habit of doing this. That only happens when I am having a bad hair day. That is why on bad hair days, I tend to tie up my hair and/or put a headband on. This prevents me from touching my hair throughout the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment