Thursday, September 13, 2012

101 Beauty Tips Every Girl Should Know: Tips 61->57

I can't believe in exactly one week from now, I will be on a plane to Seattle! I have planned this trip for over a month now and I cannot wait to be in Seattle!!! AHHHHH!! I will be going for 6 days and will be returning on the 25th. I have already done a lot of prep work for my trip such as getting some travel sized bottles and printing maps and itineraries. I also got a chance to watch The X-Factor Season Premiere last night. I had no idea that I would cry during the episode. It was crazy! Below I have attached the audition that made me cry for a good 5 minutes.


61) Try to avoid washing your hair everyday. Constant shampooing leaves hair dry and your scalp will create more oils to compensate for the loss of moisture.

I have been doing this for as long as I can remember. I wash my hair every other day or sometimes one extra day if my hair is curly/wavy or not oily enough for a hair wash. If my hair ever gets oily on a day where I don't wash my hair, I use a dry shampoo, curl my hair, or put it in a nice high ponytail.

60) Always use a moisturizer with SPF in the morning. Even in the winter!

The current moisturizer I am using does have SPF and I only use it in the mornings. I do have another moisturizer that I use at night that does not have an SPF.

59) "Go for a trim every 6-8 weeks to ensure you have no damaged ends making your hair look unhealthy" - Nick Arrojo, Arrojo Studio

I am terrible at this. I never do this because I don't have the finances to keep doing this. If I knew how to cut my own hair, I would so be doing this!!


58) Remember, clean brushes to fight against potential bacteria and breakouts!

I am assuming they mean make-up brushes? I clean my brushes at least once a month. It's a chore that I do not like to do but it has to be done. I have many make-up brushes so I can last a long time without washing my brushes. I wash my face brushes more often than I clean my eye brushes.


57) Clean out your makeup bag at least once a year to get rid of old products that may be expired or no longer use. 

I do this at the end of winter and the beginning of fall. I am transitioning my colour selection to fit the spring/summer and fall/winter season. This is the best thing for me to do because I know I will be switching things out so I can fit new colours in and see what needs to be thrown out.

1 comment:

  1. very nice beauty sharing tips such a lovely blog having good content find out more beauty tips

    ReplyDelete