Sunday, December 23, 2012

Dry Winter Lips

Does anyone else have those dry chapped lips during the winter time? The dry cold air and the winds can cause our lips to be very dry at time. I always carry lip balm with me in my purse where ever I go. The best lip balms for me are The Body Shop Lip Butters. I do have Carmex but all is does is strip a thin layer of your skin off which I do not like. I have heard Nivea has some really good lip balms as well.

The key to having long lasting hydrating lips is to stay hydrated and to apply lip balm all throughout the day. I apply lip balm before I put on my makeup, throughout the day when needed and before I go to bed.


The worst thing you can do to your dry lips is to lick them. NEVER LICK THEM! It will cause it to be more dry and create a red outline around your lips. You will look like a clown. Trust me, I have seen it on people before and it is not attractive.

They do create lip balm that are tinted. So if you choose to, you can have lip balm that will give your lips some colour as well. I do prefer colourless lip balm so that when I do put it on my lips, it won't cling around the dry flakes on some parts of my lips.

What lip balm do you use?

2 comments: